Responsible for managing the Catering Department by promoting sales, creating proposals, achieving budgeted goals and complying with IL Creations Guidelines. Also, ensure Maximum Customer Service is provided to customers while providing a positive working environment to all Associates.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs
- Organizing, leading and motivating the catering team
- Planning staff shifts and catering events
- Budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering)
- Overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff
- Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development
- Dealing with staffing and client issues
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry such as menus, trends in consumer tastes and management issues
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Keeping financial, invoicing and administrative records
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required
- Interacting with internal and external customers.
- Liaising between suppliers and clients.
- Successful Candidate must pass a Background Clearance
- Valid Serve Safe or similar Food Safety Certification
- Empathetic Communicator with Servant Leadership Skills
- Believes in putting their People First
- Hard working Accountable Person who believes in Exceptional Customer Service, Ownership, & developing associates at all levels
- 2-5 Years Experience effectively managing a small to medium volume food service operation
- Experience with computerized POS system
- Has managed a staff of over 3 people in restaurants, catering, fast food, food courts & institutional or government food service operations
- Strong Personality with Training Experience
- Keep accurate records of employees & inventory
- Empathic Communicator who can delegate tasks & keep calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of restaurant, sales, and marketing skills
- Basic math skills to complete reports and working knowledge of financial statements and forecasting statements and forecasting techniques
- Possess excellent written & verbal command of the English Language
- Bilingual Skills a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.